Being a Successful Interpreter: Adding Value and Delivering Excellence is a practice-oriented guide on the future of interpreting and the ways in which interpreters can adjust their business and professional practices for the changing market.
Goodreads – the world’s largest site for readers and book recommendations – describes this book as follows:
The book considers how globalisation and human migration have brought interpreting to the forefront and the subsequent need for interpreters to serve a more diverse client base in more varied contexts. At its core is the view that interpreters must move from the traditional impartial and distant approach to become committed to adding value for their clients.
- Interviews with leading interpreting experts such as Valeria Aliperta, Judy and Dagmar Jenner, and Esther Navarro-Hall
- Examples from authentic interpreting practice
- Practice-driven, research-backed discussion of the challenges facing the future of interpreting
- Guides for personal development
- Ideas for group activities and development activities within professional associations.
” Being a Successful Interpreter ” is a practical and thorough guide to the business and personal aspects of interpreting. Written in an engaging and user-friendly manner, it is ideal for professional interpreters practicing in the conference, medical, court, business, and public service settings, as well as for students and recent graduates of interpreting studies.